Monday, August 23, 2010

No More Pacifier

I have been making every excuse, all very good excuses I might add, to not take Lauren's pacifier away. I know the longer I let her keep it, the harder it will be to take it away, but it is her off button. I am able to get a good nights sleep because of it and everyone, including her, is just happier. Well, the time has come to say goodbye to the pacifier and I am very sad to see it go. I had told Paul that when Lauren turned two I would take it away, then I made another excuse saying that we needed to wait until her 2 year doctor's appointment just in case she got shots. So, she had her two year doctor's appointment today, which went great, so now I must let the pacifier go. I told Kristen today after the appointment that Lauren was no longer going to have a pacifier because she is getting to be a big girl. Kristen said "Sissy doesn't cry anymore because she is a big girl." I told her no, that Sissy would be doing a lot of crying now, but just like when she cries and doesn't get a pacifier, Sissy wasn't going to get one either. Nap time was our first trial run without the pacifier. She was crying when I left the room, but the washing machine and dryer were going, the television was on, so I don't really know how long she cried because I was doing other things and she still is a softer crier than most kids. Tonight will be the real test when the house is quiet and she is crying. We'll see. It had to be done, so I guess it is better sooner rather than later. Oh, and I had another excuse ready today just in case I didn't follow through with it. Here is a tribute to the faithful pacifier.














No comments:

Post a Comment