Sunday, August 8, 2010

August Illness



My prayer while Lauren was in the NICU was that God would protect me from any illness that might prevent me from visiting her everyday. Then, when she came home, I prayed that He would protect me while she was still very fragile so that I could take care of her and not pass on any sickness to her. God has been good because I have not been sick since before I was pregnant with Lauren. There have been a couple times I thought I was getting something, but it passed without anything. Kristen started getting a runny nose on Wednesday, but I wasn't too concerned because I just thought it was allergies. On Thursday Kristen just layed around, but I thought it was a combination of allergies and the whole VBS thing tiring her out. Still not concerned. Then on Friday Lauren started with a clear runny nose and was taking on similar symptoms that Kristen had so I figured it was some type of cold. Nothing serious, it just would need to run it's course. Last night she didn't rest well at all. I think it was mostly because she wanted her pacifier in, but then couldn't breath when it was in and she really wasn't up to making a sacrifice of sleeping with out her pacifier. Kristen had one night where she was up a couple of times, but that was it. So, by the fifth time being up, I just brought Lauren to sleep with us. This morning I felt really bad. I had a sore throat and just felt drained. I think most of it was from being up all night and not getting a good nights sleep. So, I took advantage of Paul being here and went back to sleep after breakfast. I am starting to feel better, but still have a headache and sore throat. My nose is starting to get stopped up, so I figure by tomorrow the floods will start running and I will be in the same boat as Kristen and Lauren and will need to be in search of any extra tissue boxes in the house. Kristen is already feeling better and is developing a little cough. Lauren still felt pretty bad today at times, but I think she is on the mend. It might take her a few extra days than Kristen to feel better. For those of you out there that have lifted us up in prayer, please pray we will start feeling better soon. We have to kick this cold because we have a birthday right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment