Sunday, November 3, 2013

What does the fox say?

So, for those of you who have heard this song....I apologize.

For those of you who haven't....here it is....BUT only watch it if you want to have it stuck in your head for the next week.

 
 
 
I'm not really sure what a fox says, although I am quite certain it is none of the sounds in this video. I do, however, know what a fox sounds like when it looses it's tail because that is what happened on Halloween.

 
Our little fox lost her tail, so we had to retrace our steps to see if we could find it.  Do you know the odds of finding that tail...in the dark...on Halloween night...with all of the leaves on the ground?  I knew that loosing her tail would ruin Kristen's Halloween, but I also knew that the odds of us finding it would be pretty slim. Thankfully we did find it in the driveway at one of the last houses we went to. Talk about breathing a huge sigh of relief. 
 
 
I am glad Kristen and Lauren are at an age where they pick out their Halloween costumes.  It makes one less decision that I have to make.  I don't know why Kristen picked a fox.  We didn't know there was a fox craze until the day before Halloween when we heard the song.  I think she mostly picked it because of the leg thingies and because it was soft.  Kristen dresses for comfort, not to look good.  Lauren originally wanted to go as Word Girl.  I was actually kind of excited because I was going to have to create a costume.  Then she wanted to go as Doc McStuffin's and I was excited because I didn't have to create a costume.  I know...I have good intentions two months before Halloween...not so much when it is right around the corner. 
 
 
Lauren looked so cute in her little doctor costume and she was happy that she already had Doc Mcstuffin's tennis shoes, so we didn't have to buy them.  That's what she kept telling people and she came up with that all on her own.  She is going to be good with her money when she grows up since she is already looking for ways to save money.
 
Little Dallas went as an inmate since he spends a lot of his time in time out.  Actually, he probably doesn't spend as much time as he should in the time out chair.  I took it as a sign that this costume was meant for him since it was the last one they had and it was in his size.
 
 
He had a good time trick or treating.  He just followed everyone else like he was a pro.  It was such a great night for trick or treating too.  The weather was perfect!
 
This past week was pretty hectic and we don't do hectic very well.  We live a pretty laid back life, so we (Paul and I) do not look forward to a week where we have a lot of places to be and things to do. We had a family get together to carve pumpkins, growth group for church, Halloween, a birthday party and we were supposed to go to Build a Bear with the Girl Scout troop, but Kristen wasn't feeling well, so we stayed home.  The good part of being hectic is that I only had to cook dinner four nights this week and for someone who cooks dinner every night, that is something to look forward to.  I am glad, however, that the week is over and we get to resume our laid back routine this week.
 

 
 
Spelling....Spelling....Spelling.....it is not Kristen's strong subject.  Remember the reading woes?  Well, they have been replaced by the spelling woes.  I feel I have exhausted all avenues in what I can do to help her.  This week she missed NINE words on her test.  The problem is she sounds them out, but I keep reminding her she is just going to have to memorize them.  We do flashcards everyday, play games to help her with her words, write words down over and over, do the five worksheets that come with her spelling curriculum, write sentences and stories using her spelling words.  What else can I really do?  She can read them off of her flashcards by test day, but can't spell them. We will be doing summer school to focus on all of the spelling words she has missed.  I am hoping it will get easier like reading.
 
 
 
This section of the blog is brought to you by the letter B and the number one. 
 

  
Lauren started her math curriculum this week.  She still has trouble writing, but she is getting there.  She is doing really good with her letter sounds and I think we might even try to start reading before Christmas.  We'll see.
 

 
This week she has been very excited to do school, I just hope that this attitude change lasts longer than a week. 
 



Happy November!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment