Sunday, November 24, 2013

This and That


I asked Kristen what I could do to make school fun for her and she replied, "Remember when we used to eat the special snacks that went with our lessons.  I want to do that again."  Who knew snacks could be so exciting and make all the difference.  Well, back when we were doing preschool we learned about a certain letter for a week and our snacks for that week would be things that went along with that letter.  It was easy then because I had to calm well behaved girls.  Now that Dallas has entered into our lives and we have started to homeschool, the girls are lucky to get a snack, much less anything special. I told her that I would try to plan a special day during the week where we would do some fun things and have something special for a snack, but she had to do good in school the rest of the week.  She agreed and this week went a  lot better than last week.  Every day, except for Monday, we were finished with school before lunch.  That's an awesome week!
 
 
This week in our reading the optional book to read was Horton Hears a Who.  I love Dr. Seuss and his books.  They are silly books that are easy to read.  My all time favorite Dr. Seuss book is Horton Hatches an Egg, but I really like all of his books.  I thought our fun day would be a Horton Hears a Who Day.  I printed off some fun connect the dot worksheets and coloring pages and I made elephant ears as our fun snack.  We also watched the movie Horton Hears a WhoA person's a person, no matter how small.... I just love Horton.  Kristen and Lauren both had fun and I realized how important it is to do these fun things
 
Overall this week was a very good week in school.  I am really looking forward to only doing school three days this week.  I am also looking forward to a laid back Thanksgiving.  I think we usually have so much going on during the holidays that it is hard to enjoy them as a family.  I plan to relax this thanksgiving and just be thankful for all the things in my life, big and small.  There is so very much I have to be thankful for.
 
Oh...and before I go...Kristen lost another tooth today.  This makes a total of five so far.  I guess for Christmas all she is going to want is her front tooth.  She might just loose the other one before Christmas. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment