Sunday, November 10, 2013

New Things

I usually have a few ideas that I want to blog about prior to a post, but tonight I have nothing.  I guess my mind has already called it a night.  Maybe it's as tired as Dallas, who by the way is already in bed an hour before his bedtime.  I am not a fan of doing this because that just means he'll probably be up an hour earlier in the morning, but he was so very tired and so am I.

Speaking of Dallas....he is currently getting the remainder of his baby teeth in.  Four at one time. I'm not sure what excuse I will use for his fussiness once he has them all.  It surely can't be teething.  He will have reached all of those milestones that I thought for sure would be the cure for our whiny child.  Oh well, I will look back and miss these days.

Our week was good.  I started babysitting a little boy who is just a few months younger than Dallas.  Take my word....he is so cute and sweet and such a good eater.  I am in awe at his eating skills, since my three have pretty much been picky eaters since birth.  It's nice to be able to feed a child from a spoon and not have to pry their mouth open just to get them to taste something they have eaten before and liked.  We have enjoyed having a new little friend around the house and he fits in just perfectly to our days.

Speaking of new little friends....Lauren got to bring the Girl Scout bear, Audrey, home. She was so excited.



Our week of school was good.  In bible we learned about Noah and his ark and did some fun crafts to fill up our bulletin board.





 
(Oh, and acorns have nothing to do with Noah's ark.  I just wanted to do some fall crafts and these were the only pictures I snapped during craft time this week.)



And what happens when you give your almost 2 year old a crayon without a coloring page?


It was easy to wipe up and he had no idea he did anything wrong.  Actually, he was very impressed with his artwork and gave me the biggest, cutest grin.

I did forget to mention in my last post that the girls are doing an awesome job at their memory verses.  Last week they finished up learning Ephesians 6:1-3.  Both girls can say them all!  I was so proud.

Kristen did good with her spelling test this week.  She only missed two words!  This week is a review of past spelling words.  It will do her good. I have got to come up with something to help this girl with her spelling.  This week we are going to read some Dr. Seuss books. She is doing good in her reading, but needs some extra practice.  She did complete her Pocahontas report this week.  I am so glad to have that done.  She was very excited to complete it.



Lauren is doing good with her letters and math.  She has already completed letters a-h in her second hooked on phonics book.  I am actually very excited to start reading.  I think she will do better than I first thought.  She is doing good in math and knows things I didn't think she knew.  Her writing is coming along, although it still isn't anywhere near what it should be.  I am happy though.  She is making progress.



I am tired and really have no idea what I just wrote.  I am not even going to proof read, so hopefully there are no horrible grammatical errors and it accurately reflects our week and the pictures are put with the correct paragraphs. Good night to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment