Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dual Birthday Party

This was the first year that I had to plan two birthday's in one.  It would have been easier if it were for two boys or two girls.  But why do easy? I didn't know if I should make one cake for both kids or separate cakes?  Do you do one theme that is unisex for both or their own separate themes?  If one is a pink theme and one is a blue theme what color table cloth to do you get?  Do you buy two packs of party hats and blowouts (one for each theme)?  That's a lot of party hats and blowouts! Anyways, you see my confusion. 

Well, everything worked out and things started coming together all at the last minute.  I made two cakes.  Both themes had blue in them so I went with a blue table cloth.  We only bought one pack of blowouts (for Kristen's theme), and one pack of party hats (for Dallas' theme).  At the end of the day the party was a success and we ended up with a lot of cake left over. 

 Kristen's princess birthday cake
 

Dallas' turtle birthday cake
 

 Kristen and her "dog". She has talked about this dog and kept asking if she would be getting it.
 
 

 Her Doc McStuffins doctor's kit.
 
 

 Dallas checking out his toy. 
 
 
Dallas playing with his new toy.
 

My 6 year old birthday girl.
 

Blowing out her princess candles.
 

"Why is everyone looking at me and singing? And why don't I have any clothes on?"
(Also the "before" picture)

And the "after".
He had green icing up his nose and in his ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment