Sunday, June 5, 2011

Super Mario...from the perspective of a 4 year old

I have been playing Super Mario on the wii these past couple of weeks. I got it as an early Christmas present a couple years ago when it came out. In the Harris house we go through periods where we play the wii for a month, but mostly it just sits there. Just one more thing I have to dust. I decided to start over at the beginning, mostly because I got to world 7 and it just became more frustrating than fun. The girls enjoy watching me play. I have found that if you say anything with enough enthusiasm they are on board with it. Call it manipulation, but those mom's out there with preschoolers know that we mom's very seldom get to do anything we want to do before the kids bedtime. By the time they are in bed we just want to enjoy the peace and quiet and not move at all. Well, Super Mario has become a great conversation source. Kristen wants to know if she has to wear a penguin suit when it snows since Mario does. She also informs me, when I jump and fall in a hole, that nothing was there. Well, I was defeating the last castle on world 2. You have to choose which path to take and if you make the wrong choice it takes you back to the beginning and you have to choose again. Well, there is also fire balls that come out of the fire and you have to jump over them. I knew I had gone the wrong way and said so. Kristen informed me that if I went down Jesus's road there wouldn't be any fire and maybe that is the way I should go. Perfectly and simply put....period

No comments:

Post a Comment