Tuesday, June 7, 2011

D's

So, we are steadily plugging along with the alphabet. This week we are focusing on the letter D and Kristen has already conquered it. It was pretty easy, though. Yesterday we focused on Dinosaurs. I knew Kristen would like that lesson because she enjoys watching Dinosaur Dan on Nick Jr. I bought some plastic dinosaurs at the store and they were a BIG hit. It was so cute hearing Lauren yelling "roar". Kristen kept wanting to fight with her dinosaurs. I had to keep reminding her that they were nice dinosaurs. I decided to put different types of dry pasta in some sand to go on a dinosaur bone dig. It would have been a great idea if the outside sand hadn't been wet. I put the pasta in the sand the night before because we usually do our lesson in the morning. Well, since the sand was a little damp it made our pasta get all gooey and soft. It was a MESS and very disgusting. Kristen kept saying we were going on a gold hunt. She was very confused. Lauren kept flinging sand across the kitchen, so she eventally lost all digging privelages. It was a disaster to say the least, but I tried. For a snack they ate chocolate pudding with white chocolate chips in it so they could go on a fossil dig. Lauren just wanted the chocolate pudding and Kristen just wanted the white chocolate chips. Go figure.






Today we learned about ducks. I let the girls play with some rubber ducks in the bath. That was a hit for Lauren. Kristen's eczema is bad right now, so she doesn't like to get in the water because it hurts her feet. Poor child. She goes to a dermatologist next week and I can't wait for that appointment. Anyways, I had a good idea that we would go to the pond that is in my mom and dad's neighborhood and feed the ducks. Now, only people who live in this neighborhood have rights to use the pond, but I still was going to go. Clearly I didn't think this through. Well, there were no ducks. On a side note, never tell your kids you are going to go feed ducks unless you are 100% certain there will be ducks there. We then drove to another neighborhood that had a pond. While there were two swans, we couldn't get to them because of the gates. Obviously they have had issues with non-residents feeding the ducks. Then I decided to go somewhere else where I knew there were no ducks but Geese. I just wanted the kids to be able to feed something at this point. Well, there was a BIG sign that said no feeding, obviously they have had desprate moms there who just wanted their kids to feed something too. I thought about it, but then figured it was across the street from the court so I figured getting arrested or getting a ticket just wasn't worth it. I could really see me trying to explain that to Paul. So, we came home and made a duck instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment