Thursday, June 9, 2011

Finger Painting Fun

Today our lesson was on dolphins, my favorite sea animal. I had planned on letting the kids get into the kiddie pool, but it is extremely hot. Heat and Kristen's eczema just doesn't go together. Plus, Paul and I are going to a conference at the Convention Center today so we have to be there at 2:00. Our lesson was very short today. We basically worked on Kristen's alphabet. As you can see she is doing very good.




We read a book called Swimming with the Dolphins. Then we did our finger painting craft. Now, I was under the assumption that if you use finger paint it would come right off when you washed your hands. Well, not so. My kids are walking around with blue hands. Kristen went to go wash her hands in the bathroom while Lauren was still working on her picture. She frantically yelled, "It's not coming off." For her this is a big issue. We are talking about a girl who had to change her shirt this morning because she got a little milk on it from her cereal. A blue hand just doesn't fit in her world. Well, I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed some more. It still didn't come off. I told her she was very special because she was the only little girl in the world to have a blue hand. Through tears she announced that she wasn't special because sissy had a blue hand too. Oh well, I tried. She just had to cry it out. I didn't scrub as hard on Lauren's hand because she didn't care what color her hand was. I was a little disappointed in the finger paint though because I wouldn't have thought it would stain their hand. We used real paint on our craft yesterday and it came off just fine. Anyways, here is a picture of their dolphin craft. I'm sure I'll be finding glitter in my kitchen for weeks to come.



The kids loved the snack. I made blue jello last night and put Finding Nemo fruit snacks in it. It was a BIG hit.



Our snack from yesterday was a big hit too. Since it was D is for Daisy, I cut cheese out in the shape of a flower with a cookie cutter. It was very simple, but Kristen was very impressed with the cheese. She kept saying, "You cut this out all by yourself."



Yesterday we went for a flower walk around our neighborhood. We went at about 8:30 before it got too hot. The girls wanted to take their baby strollers and push them. We saw lots of pretty flowers and Kristen wanted to pick them all. This turned into a lesson of, we don't take things that aren't ours. It was a very nice and peaceful walk until...Kristen pushed her baby stroller too hard and it went to the side across where Lauren was pushing hers. Kristen then ran to get it and Lauren just ran right over her with her stroller. Kristen skinned her elbow and it quickly turned into a disaster. We hadn't seen any cars, but once this happened there were so many cars coming by I thought they had to be evacuating our neighborhood. We live on a culdesac so their shouldn't have been THAT much traffic. I was trying to console Kristen while trying to make sure Lauren wasn't running away because of course at that moment a cat had to appear. Anyways, we all made it home. Me carrying both of the strollers, Kristen crying and Lauren calling out "Kitty Cat." I was happy to be back home. (The picture from below is before we went on our walk when we were all happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment