Wednesday, May 18, 2011

School Evaluation

We went today for Lauren's school evaluation. When we left the house she seemed nervous almost like she knew something was coming that she wouldn't like. She started crying while I was filling out paperwork in the school office. Cried the whole time that we were walking down hallways to the preschool room and for a little bit in the classroom. She finally calmed down and really enjoyed playing with the blocks, puzzles, books and chalkboard in the room. It took an hour and a half for the whole evaluation, but both the teacher and speech therapist that we met with were very nice and Lauren really liked them. She will qualify for speech therapy only, so she will go to the school twice a week for 30 minutes. She will start in September with the school year. I have to get her registered so I will go sometime next week to get everything notarized. I will stay with her during therapy. I have to say, that when we were in the classroom and they were talking about her possibly going 4 days a week to school, I thought I was going to have a panic attack. She just seemed too small for that big classroom and for that big school. She even seemed too small for that big table she was sitting at. I was a little relieved when they said she would only need speech. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment