Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Letter A



I am trying to teach my girls some things and trying to be productive in our at home life. Kristen loves it and Lauren likes it. Lauren has issues transitioning from one activity to another if she really doesn't want to do it. She says "No" as loud as she can with a little bit of a growl, but we are getting there. We are focusing on one letter a week and this week we have been focusing on the letter A. Recognizing it in upper and lower case, practicing writing it by tracing and recognizing it in other words. She has really caught on and is doing great. We have an A poster I printed off and colored with both upper and lowercase and we talk about it a lot. My goal was for her to be able to recognize the letter and possibly be able to write both upper and lower case all by herself. I wasn't going to expect the writing it all by herself, partly because I didn't know if she was ready to be doing that or not. But, I am very happy to announce that today, our second day working on the letter A, she is already writing it all by herself. I am just so proud of her.

Here is the apple craft we did yesterday. Kristen enjoyed dipping her half of the apple in the paint. Her's is the one with all of the apples. Lauren liked rubbing the paint on her hands like lotion.


This is today's craft. It is supposed to be ants crawling up the letter A. This is Lauren's. She got pretty violent dipping her little finger in the paint and putting it on her paper. She loved it and had me laughing. She would look at her finger and say "Uh oh".


This is Kristen's. She wrote the letter A on her paper all by herself. I was one proud momma!


We had ants on a log for snack. This is my nice clean Kristen who barely makes a mess when she eats and has to have a napkin, fork, and spoon. She doesn't like anything to get on her clothes or her hands.


This is Lauren who likes to rub things in her hair, on her clothes, on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment