Wednesday, March 3, 2010

GI Appointment And A Sick Little Kristen

So Lauren's appointment went good. She did weigh 15 lbs 10 oz. We have almost hit the 16 lb mark! She is still following her 3% curve, which is good. I discussed my concern about her not eating at all when I would tube feed during the day with the doctor. She did agree that while it is important for her to gain weight, we also don't want to loose the progress we have made with her eating. So, we will be starting her night feed two hours earlier and basically just let her eat what she wants during the day. We go back in a week for a weight check. I hope this works. I did get to see them replace her Mic-Key button. When we go back I will do it while the doctor watches. It really did seem very easy. A lot easier than measuring off a g-tube and sticking it down her nose into her stomach. I hated those days!

When I got home Kristen had started to feel bad. My dad said she felt like she had a fever, so I checked her temperature and it was 100.3. She just wasn't herself. I gave her medicine, but it really didn't work as well as I would have liked. It did bring it down, but only a very little bit. I called the after hours doctor line last night because she felt much warmer than her temperature said and when she fell asleep on the couch I noticed that she seemed to be breathing very rapidly. They said this was due to her fever and the body was trying to cool itself down. They said to keep an eye on her temperature and to bring her in today so I am up and waiting for the doctor's office to open. I hope I can get her an early appointment. She has been drinking and while last night she only had a fever, today she seems to be stuffy and having a little difficulty breathing. I slept on the couch and moved her mattress into the living room floor so that I could keep an eye on her. Her temperature 30 minutes after she woke up this morning and after her last dose of Tylenol was 102.5. No more Sunday School for little Kristen. She is going to be upset, but we can't be bringing all types of germs into our home for little Lauren to catch. I have been praying that Lauren will not catch it and Kristen will start to feel better very soon. I hate seeing her sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment