Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sitting Up

Lauren is now pretty much sitting up all by herself...woohoo! I never thought I would see the day. She is still a little wobbly, so I haven't had the confidence of just placing her on the floor by herself, but she is doing so good. I hope to snap a couple pictures this week to post. She enjoys the freedom of being able to play with all of her toys. She has two appointments this week. We go see her developmental doctor on Monday and on Wednesday we go to her GI doctor for a weight check and a follow up appointment. I think she has gained weight.

Kristen is still not doing good with potty training. I have figured out that if I ask her to go she will not go, so I have to let her do it on her own. On a good day she might go to the bathroom three times a day. I hope to conquer the potty training soon! She has been saying her own prayers at night and at dinner and she is so cute. She says "Thank you for my food (even at bedtime), thank you for my sissy, thank you for my Mommy, thank you for my daddy, thank you for my Kristen, Amen". She just started thanking God for herself. Tonight at bedtime she did thank God for her Ketchup and her cup. It is the random things that she says that I love.

I did bake and decorate another cake for my Dad's birthday. I have posted a couple pictures. I think I might check into taking a beginners decorating class at Michael's. I have really enjoyed doing it.




2 comments:

  1. Spectacular! Very impressive and you are doing great without any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen's prayer technique sounds so familiar...you were also very thankful when you prayed. You would thank God for the couch, McDonalds, pretty much everything you could think of. You should try to get her on video without here knowing, I would love to hear her. BTW your cake not only looked great, it tasted great! Harvey and I both agreed!
    Love~K

    ReplyDelete