Saturday, September 26, 2009

Another Cake

Yes, I made another cake for my dad's retirement party we threw for him today. He will be officially retired on September 31st. I can't remember how many years he has put in at Dupont, but it is a lot. He was there years before I came along. We are so happy for him!

So, as my sister and I discussed doing a party I thought...I will do another cake. I know people are going to get tired of me making cakes, but oh well. They are getting them whether they like it or not. So I looked on the Wilton website and found the cake I wanted to do. It was a big cake, but I enjoyed doing it. I practiced some new techniques from videos of cake decorating I had seen online and overall I think it turned out pretty good. The writing is what is the hardest part. I put in 10 1/2 hours on the cake, spread out over three days. Below is a picture. I also put a picture of the girls I took this week after nap time. I have been pretty lazy on the picture taking, but I have all winter to snap away.





1 comment:

  1. We are definately not getting tired of your cakes! Harvey and I will be very sad if we don't get a bday cake made by you. He says you rank right up there with Ukrops! And you know how he feels about their cakes! Love You!

    ReplyDelete