Friday, August 28, 2009

Pre-Op Appointment

So, tonight our power went out right as Paul and I were eating. Having no power is horrible. There is nothing to do. It has made me aware that I am way to dependent on modern technology. And just think, I have always thought it would be nice to live back in the late 1800's. Not anymore!!! Electricity for me.

Lauren had her pre-op appointment today. We got the all clear for surgery. When I had talked to the GI doctor's office they said a pre-op appointment was optional. I decided to do it just in case and it is a good thing I did because the hospital says it is required. God was looking out for us there. When the lady called I had a lot of questions for her. Do I need to bring diapers? Do I need to bring her bottles? Do I need to bring her formula? How long is the surgery? I am going to be staying with her so will there be a cot for me to sleep on? Will she be in a double room? If so, will she be put with someone who has a sickness and is contagious? Will she be intubated? How long after the surgery will it be before I get to see her? Poor lady. She definitely had question overload. She said she would have to check with the Pediatric unit for some questions and asked if she could just call my home number and leave the response on my answering machine. I guess she was afraid I was going to think of some other questions. Even though it is "minor" surgery, which by the way, there is no minor surgery when it comes to your children; I am still nervous. Please pray for the doctors and a fast recovery and for her to start gaining weight soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment