Friday, August 28, 2009

Potty Training

So, we have had a relapse in potty training. Our pastor's wife warned me this would happen, I just didn't expect it to be so soon. Kristen is no longer interested in the potty and when I ask her if she wants to go she responds "No, Kristen pee pee in her pants". I read an article in Parenting magazine about parents sending their kids to Potty Training School and within a couple weeks their child is potty trained without the headaches. I thought that this was ridiculous and a total waste of money. Now, I am changing my thoughts. I think these parents are quite smart and have obviously tried the potty training thing. I wonder if I have tried to potty train too soon. She seemed ready, but of course, I am new at all of this, so I really don't know. I will keep trying and hopefully we will conquer it soon. Any advise anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Lauren's Occupational Therapist came out today and she was doing a lot of nice things. At one point she was standing up all by herself holding on to her peanut ball that my cousin gave me. (Thanks Tonya!!! We are able to do a lot of things using that ball.) The other day her bouncy chair was leaned all the way back and Lauren actually leaned up and ended up sitting up all by herself. I was hoping she would do the same today because I was so proud of her, but she didn't want to. That's okay though. We think she will be sitting independently soon.

I am working on putting all of our pictures on to a website called Fotki. (Thanks Pam for letting me know about this site.) I am hoping to have a link put on here tonight. Of course it will take me a little while to get all the pictures downloaded, but I will at least have Lauren's birthday on there for everyone to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment