Friday, February 17, 2017

Happy 5th Birthday Dallas!


This boy has spent his birthday sick. The stomach bug decided to grace him with its presence, and to beat it all he is getting the cold that both Kristen and Lauren have. So, it has been a pretty lousy birthday for the birthday boy.


He was feeling better this evening, so we sang happy birthday and he got a couple presents. He'll have to wait on his requested birthday dinner until he is back to normal.


This boy has had us all wrapped around his finger since he was born. I'm not gonna lie, he is spoiled and gets his way most of the time. But, when you've been this adorable since birth it's very easy to give in. 


From the moment he was born he captured my heart. There was something about having a little boy. It was different. He is always willing to help me. He helps me carry in the groceries, set the table and always keeps his room neat. Everything must be in its place. He did inherit my OCD for cleanliness. 


Most often you will find him and Kristen arguing. Kristen tries, but he is definitely a little bother sometimes. He's all boy and enjoys annoying her. That's what little brothers are for. 


But these two.....


The bond they share. Be still my heart. He used to ask for "my Nauren".  I love hearing them laugh together.  She definitely looks out for him. 

From the beginning he has kept me laughing, and wanting to pull my hair out. Sometimes at the same time. 



It has been such a joy watching him grow. He is super smart and loves school. He catches on to things very easily. He likes all things super heroes, ninjago, Pokemon, and his Papaw.  He also likes playing Barbies with his sisters, and would be very angry to know I have divulged that information. He loves playing the matching game and wii. He likes sunglasses, doing flips on the trampoline, dessert, and having a neat room. He loves his daddy and wants to be just like him. He gets upset very easily, but is easy to laugh as well. He likes to read. He hates sleeping in the dark, losing at anything, green beans, and doing crafts. 




I am so blessed that God chose me to be his mother. He completes our family and brings so much joy to our lives. Life would be very boring without this little boy. Happy birthday Dallas. I love you to the moon and back. 













No comments:

Post a Comment