Thursday, February 16, 2017

Happy 10th Birthday Kristen

    

Well, she has made it to the double digits, and that is hard to believe. This poor girl has been pretty sick for the past two days and was upset she would be sick on her birthday. But, she woke up this morning feeling much better. For that I am grateful. 

It's very hard to believe that my firstborn has been in our lives for 10 years. I can't remember what life was like before her. I prayed for her and God blessed me beyond anything I could ever imagine.


I thought I was prepared, but had no idea how hard it would be going from just Paul and me to having a baby. I'd like to say I was a rockstar mom, but I was mostly a blubbering mess at the beginning. But oh how much I loved her!


This little girl grew and grew.


And then she became a big sister. And what a great big sister she is.







I have so enjoyed watching her grow. She has such a kind heart and keeps me laughing. She likes to read, write stories and loves doing art projects. She is always wanting to learn new things. She is great in math, but her favorite school subject is writing. She likes eating fruits and veggies. Her favorite drink is Root Beer. She loves anything strawberry and stuffed animals. She likes making videos and taking pictures. 



She hates potatoes, uncomfortable clothes, waking up in the mornings, and cleaning up. She is my messy child and definitely didn't inherit my OCD for cleanliness. But, I love her and all her messiness.


Today we celebrated her birthday by going to the mall so she could pick out something from her favorite store, although she now has a new favorite.


She ended up getting a purse and a charm bracelet that has her initials on it. 


Meme and Papaw met us for lunch and bought her a new wardrobe for summer. We fixed her requested birthday meal, grilled Carribean jerk chicken, mixed veggies and strawberry cupcakes. 


We ended the night watching Grace perform with the Powhatan High School Show Choir. 



Even though she is growing I still see my little girl who always wanted to dress up and be a princess and have tea parties. I love you Kristen and happy 10th birthday!























No comments:

Post a Comment