Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - The Week I Started Blogging Again

This week I decided to start blogging again. Hopefully I will stick to it. I hate that I have missed a lot of memories. My kids are growing (way too fast) and I want to capture all the memories I can.  

This week was the first full week of school we have done in two weeks. We have all been sick, starting with Kristen and ending with me. Now, starting over again with Dallas. He currently has strep. 

March is Women's History month so this week we learned about Amelia Earhart. Kristen is very interested in history. We watched a video of Amelia Earhart that showed pictures of her in black and white. Lauren wanted know why their clothes were always the same color and why they didn't wear makeup. She keeps us laughing. She's funny without even trying to be.


Kristen taped her Amelia Earhart cutout to her face. It was just a little creepy.


This one is doing so well with her reading. She loves the puppy Mudge books and is actually excited about reading. 


And I love these moments. When Kristen helps Lauren in school. I'm not sure how effective it is, but they do a lot of laughing. 


But, the best part of the week was when Lauren only got one problem wrong on her math test!


This was something worth celebrating!

March first was share a smile day. We read two books and talked about how a smile could change someone's day. They made collages of things that make them smile.




I thought Lauren's picture was of us, but then she informed me it was a picture of the neighbors. Apparently the neighbors are the only thing that make her smile.

March 2nd was Dr. Seuss's birthday. We celebrated by reading some of our favorite stories. 


Kristen read her favorite one to us.


We also made some edible cat in the hats out of marshmallows, bananas, and strawberries.


And we did some fun activities.



A successful week of homeschooling! I love my job!























No comments:

Post a Comment