Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekly Wrap - Up: Just Four

This week it was just me and the kids.  Paul went to the windy city, or better named the rainy city, since it rained a lot in Chicago this past week.  The girls were very upset he was leaving and there were moments of unhappiness during the week, but we all survived.  Can't say the same for my cell phone, which has found it's final resting place on the side of the road.  Yep, I left it on the trunk of my car and drove all the way to Wal-Mart.  It fell off somewhere.  I did try to find it, but had no luck.  So the week began with me having to go get a new cell phone.  And to think I was trying to be proactive and run all of my errands on the weekend so we wouldn't have to go anywhere during the week.  Anyways, we made welcome home signs to put on the door and the girls were determined to stay up until Paul got home, but they didn't make it. 







Our week went on like usual.  School and cleaning.  The only thing I didn't do was cook a big meal at dinnertime.  In fact, one night we had donuts!  It was nice, but I did miss cooking.  Actually, what I missed was my meal planning and knowing exactly what we were going to eat without having to figure out what we had and what I could fix. I am happy to be back to my meal planning this week.  It makes life so much easier for me.



 
And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him and reflect His glory even more.
2 Corinthians 3:18
 
 
I didn't take any pictures during school this week.  Well, only one which will come later.  But, this week we learned about flamingos.  I didn't know that flamingos are pink because of the shrimp and algae they eat that is high in a certain protein.  Very amazing! We talked about how when we ask Jesus into our hearts He changes us from the inside out, just like the flamingos change colors because of what they eat.  As we learn more and more about Jesus and experience His love and forgiveness we begin to change from the inside out.  We played flamingo bingo and read a book about Sylvie, the flamingo that wanted to be different but in the end realized that being yourself is the best thing to be.  It was by far one of my favorite children books.
 
Reading was a lot easier this week.  We implemented spelling words and on Friday I gave Kristen her first spelling test.  She was able to write all of her words by memory and I was so impressed. 
 
 
 
This week we will be reviewing and reading a book.  I really hope adding in the spelling will continue to make reading a little better.  Lauren is still plugging along and learning her letter sounds.  She is practicing writing her letters.  We have a long way to go, but practice makes perfect.
 
I will close this post with a few pictures of Dallas' first hair cut.
 



 
 
 
He was not a fan, but the sucker we gave him helped a little bit. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment