Saturday, April 27, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up: Busy Week

This week started off with a trip to the doctor for Lauren.  I was fairly certain by Sunday that she had a UTI and would need to get a prescription.  Of course she wasn't able to go at the doctor's office, which I figured she wouldn't, but we tried anyways.  I was happy the doctor sent us home with a prescription for an antibiotic, but I also had to take a sample back for them to test.  Our first attempt was not successful since Lauren threw her toilet paper in the "hat".  Our second attempt really wasn't successful either, but we took it in anyway.  Note: ALWAYS close the bathroom door when you have pee sitting in a toilet "hat" because your toddler will find his way into the bathroom and play in it.  Yep, that's what happened.  I went to the kitchen, a total of 10 steps away to get a pen and when I returned Dallas was enjoying splashing around in Lauren's...well....it was pretty disgusting.  I haven't heard back from the doctor, but I am fully expecting them to say there was a high amount of animal crackers and baby drool in the specimen.  She is feeling much better now and is on the mend. 

Tuesday I started my de-cluttering/spring cleaning.  I am not sure how I get anything done when I am constantly being interrupted with crisis after crisis.  This one did involve my immediate attention and some scissors.  I am not sure how it happened, but somehow she had gotten her hair wrapped around this comb several times.



Anyways...it amazes me how much junk we accumulate.  I just de-cluttered six months ago and still had nine bags of junk to go to the Goodwill and three bags of trash.  It took me three days, but I am so glad it is done.  Closets are clean, drawers are clean and the playroom is clean.  Now, if only I can keep it that way.

We did do school this week, but only the basics.  Lauren worked on her letter sounds and Kristen on reading/spelling and math.  I have decided to go back through all of Kristen's words and do a review, so we will be taking a couple weeks of reviewing and not moving forward.  She guesses a lot on words, which I don't understand.  She knows the letter sounds, but would rather make 20 guesses before sounding it out.  Sometimes after she sounds the word out she still makes guesses instead of putting her sounds together.  I am hoping reviewing with spelling will help.  Reading is so hard that I don't want to move forward until I feel confident that she has grasped what she already learned.  It's a lot easier to go back now than later.

In the midst of my spring cleaning I did make some homemade (from scratch) banana crumb muffins



They were so good and easy, although Kristen didn't really like them.  Here was our conversation.

Me: "Do you not like your muffin."
Kristen: "Well..."
Me: "It's okay if you don't like them."
Kristen: "I just want to make you happy."
Me: "Well, it will make me happy to make you something you want to eat."
Kristen: "I would like a pop tart instead."

She is such a sweet child with a good heart.  I found myself smiling all day because of that conversation. And she also lost another tooth on Thursday.



This makes #3 in a little over a months time.  Her new teeth are coming in (a bit crooked) and her new teeth are so much bigger that they are just pushing the others out as they come in.

And last but not least...this little guy started walking this week. 




I got a video, but it messed up, so I will try to get another one this week to post.  I can't believe that my littlest is walking!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment