Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's Ours


Well, almost. We heard back today that the bank accepted our offer. This isn't the original house we put an offer on. I had my eye on this property, but it was out of our price range. I went in to check the listings again to see if there were any new listings in our price range and was surprised to see that this house had dropped and we could now go and look at it. I prayed that I would not be disappointed and we would like this house. This was the first house I was actually excited about going and seeing. Well, I did fall in love with it. I could see my stuff in it and my kids playing there. I could see myself making dinner in the kitchen and doing laundry in the laundry room. It was our house, I just had to convince Paul because he was still attached to the other house. After I threatened divorce he finally came around...just kidding. He saw the positives and the fact that this house is better for our family. It is bigger, has an extra office that we will use as a play room, is a split rancher, has a big kitchen with lots of counter and cabinet space, has a pantry, has an actual laundry room, has a wood stove and is on 2 acres. We withdrew our offer on the other house and put in an offer on this house last Wednesday and found out today that we got it. I am so happy. Our closing is set for November 28th and our loan person is going to try to get it closed by that date, if not then pretty soon after. We have some things we want to do before moving in, so we hope to be in by Christmas. Throughout this process God really taught me a lesson about patience. There were times I thought I would literally go insane if we didn't find a house and close fast. I realized that country song is true. Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. He knew which house we needed and knew we needed to wait to save some money so we could do the things we wanted to before moving in. I serve an Awesome God!

No comments:

Post a Comment