Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Christmas Spirit


I have to say that it is a little hard to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I am surprised that I have almost completed my Christmas shopping. I thought I would be out at the last minute trying to get it done, but I have been able to do a lot over the last week. Plus I had several gifts already purchased. I wish we would have been in our new house this year, but God had other plans and it doesn't look like we will close this week as we expected. Hopefully the week of Decemeber 5th. Please do a lot of praying because we are ready to get started on painting and putting the floor down so we can be in very soon after Christmas. I am very anxious to get in! We took advantage of the black Friday sales and bought our refrigerator, washer and dryer. Those were the only appliances it didn't come with and I am glad we have that out of the way.

Tonight we did put up the Christmas tree. Paul's mom told us we could put up the Christmas tree if we wanted too. I am so glad she did because Kristen really enjoyed it. Lauren kept bringing the ornaments back to me saying "It's not working" and getting another one. She put a few on, but was over it pretty quickly. Kristen did a good job at actually spreading the ornaments out and really took time picking out the place she wanted them to go. She was very excited when Paul's mom brought out presents to put under the tree. Of course she wanted to open them today and keeps asking how many days until Christmas. It is going to be a very long 28 days. Here are some pictures from tonight. Next year I might ask Santa for a new camera that takes better, clearer pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment