Monday, October 3, 2011

A New Chapter



Today we went to sign the papers for the sale of our house. I tell you, it was very hard to leave that place. I cried like a baby and I doubt it had anything to do with the pregnancy hormones. While I was packing there were times that I thought once I was done I would be so relieved that the packing was over that I wouldn't be all that emotional. It didn't feel like home by the time we had most of our house packed. It did make me realize that the things that made our house a home were all going with us. It was hard to see the house empty. I am glad it didn't really affect my kids. I really prayed that Kristen would adapt well, because she really hates change and LOVED being in "her house". Kristen actually said she like the house that way because she could hear her voice (she was echoing). So, right now we are homeless. Well, we don't own a home and are staying with Paul's mom and step-dad. I am so thankful for them opening their house to us and for all of the others that offered their home to us. I have realized that we have an AWESOME family. We put an offer in on a house that is a short sale, but haven't heard anything yet. We are just praying that we will hear something soon.

Here is a picture of our family, minus Degas, for the last time in front of our old house.

No comments:

Post a Comment