Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lauren's 1st Dentist Appointment

Yesterday the whole Harris clan went to the dentist. Paul said people must think we are crazy for scheduling everyone at the same time. I told him, no that meant we are smart. We do not have to make multiple trips! Kristen was so excited to go to the dentist and kept asking all day when we were going. She did good, although this time she didn't want them to use the brush on her teeth, so they brushed them with a regular toothbrush and put some fluoride on them. Lauren sat in a little yellow chair to watch. When the dentist would ask her if she was going next she would smile and shake her little head yes. I was optimistic and thought maybe she would do it with minimal crying. I was wrong. I ended up having to sit in the chair with her. The dentist had to take the only picture because Paul was getting his teeth cleaned and that left no one for picture taking. After a little while of talking she finally let them brush her teeth with a regular toothbrush. Then they put fluoride on her teeth. Surprisingly she let the dentist look in her mouth at her teeth. Both girls were happy to get to pick a prize from the prize box. Here are some pictures.

The girls before their appointment. Kristen was posing.



Kristen in the chair before getting her teeth cleaned. She is so excited.


Lauren not liking the dentist too much. (My hair looks a crazy mess...it had been raining all day)


On another note, I started my progesterone shots last week. I was not prepared for the needle that was coming with these shots. I thought it would be like the insulin shots I gave myself during my pregnancy with Kristen. Well, I was wrong. Today was the first day I was all on my own giving the shot. The nurse helped me last week. I gave it this morning so that it hopefully wouldn't be really sore. We had some errands to run, so I thought all of the walking might help. I did end up sticking myself twice because I thought I was in the wrong place, but it ended up that I wasn't, so I fully expect a very big bruise and a very sore leg tomorrow after I wake up. That is when it really bothered me last week. It is sore like a flu shot, which I got yesterday so now I will have a sore arm and leg. Anyways, I thought I would post a picture so that everyone can sympathize with me on Thursday's when I have to give this shot. Only 16 more shots to go!



Here is a random picture of the girls the first night in our new "temporary" home. They were exhausted and I thought this was a cute picture.



Last but not least, here is a picture of of Lauren's black eye. She fell down the steps outside and ended up skinning up her forehead, neck and back. Two days later a black eye appeared. I was getting groceries out of the trunk so I don't know what happened. I asked Kristen and she said that she didn't know because she was ringing the door bell and not looking. So, it is a mystery, but with clumsy Lauren there is no telling how it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment