Monday, October 12, 2009

Speech Therapy

We are doing our best staying in for the winter. I don't have cabin fever yet. We have had some appointments and October will be a busy month for us. Paul and I got our flu shots last Monday. Kristen and Lauren got theirs on Wednesday. Kristen still has a bruise from hers. On Friday Lauren got her 1st RSV shot of the season.

I think Paul and I have decided not to give the H1N1 vaccine to our girls. It is a hard decision because they are saying the virus is very mild for healthy people, but unfortunately for us Lauren is not in the "healthy" category. Do we take a risk, not know the long term affects or short term affects for that matter, and use our kids as guinea pigs? If there was more concrete research I would be the first one standing in line with my two girls to get it. This means we are going to have to be extra cautious. We are now debating if Paul and I should get it for the girls sake. I think that might be our best option, especially since we are the ones who will be going out. This has been a very difficult decision for us both.

On another note, Lauren is starting speech therapy in a few weeks. We had her evaluated and they said it was something we should start because she was only making the Ahh sound. She was trying to say baba and dada but she wasn't putting any sound to it. Of course, the first thing that pops into my mind is brain hemorrhages. It is hard for me to not always jump to that conclusion even though Paul says I shouldn't. So I prayed about it and realized that Lauren is on her schedule and to realize that my job is to get her all the help I can and God would do the rest. Well, a couple days later she started putting sound to the baba and dada and throwing in some other things that I couldn't tell what they were! Isn't God Great!! So all that worrying for nothing.

Kristen is now into the Princesses. We just got her the Snow White dvd and the first thing she said this morning when I woke her up was "I wanna watch Snow White". She hadn't even opened her eyes yet. When we first got the dvd and came home we sat down to eat dinner and she thanked God for her Snow White. Paul and I are taking her to the Disney on Ice on October 23rd. I am so excited. She is going to absolutely love it. I just pray we don't get sick because there is going to be a lot of people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment