Friday, October 30, 2009

Lots of things...

I didn't realize how long it has been since I posted last. Lots of things have happened. Lauren went for another follow-up appointment with her GI doctor. They weren't able to place the button, but she will definately get it in December. I am kind of dreading it because they said it would be painful for her. They said to give her some tylenol before she comes. She did weigh 13 lbs 13 ozs and is still in the 3% category. She is following her curve on the growth chart and sticking with that 3%, so they are happy. We did get her RSV shot back in October. She wasn't approved, but our doctor had one on hand to give her. She then had to jump through hoops, but was able to get the insurance company to approve her getting the shots this season. She goes back in next week for her second one. We did decide to go ahead and give the H1N1 vaccine to our girls. After a LOT of prayer and discussion we decided it was best. So far so good. They do have to get a second one on November 23rd. Paul and I will get ours when it becomes available for us. Lauren's lungs are so poor that we doubted that she would be able to fight it off.

We took Kristen to go pick out her pumpkins for halloween. It was so cold that day. We didn't go to a pumpkin patch, and I was glad we didn't. She really didn't care to much for picking out pumpkins. She was more into the cars going down the road than anything. Below are a couple pictures. Kristen is going to be Cinderella and Lauren is going to be a flower. I will post pictures tomorrow of them in their costumes.


Which one will it be?



This is the one!



Picking out one for her sister.

We also took Kristen to go see the Disney on Ice. We sat next to the fog machine, so most of our pictures turned out foggy. It was a good show. Kristen did get board at the end because she hadn't seen the movies they were acting out. She did get to shake Cinderella's hand. There were a couple parts where she got scared, but overall she enjoyed herself. I would definately take her again.


Kristen holding up her Cinderella doll she got.



Getting ready for the show.

Here are a few pictures of Lauren. We are starting to give her regular milk once a day. She really likes it. I don't blame her because if her formula tastes like it smells, I am sure milk is a good treat. She continues to amaze us every day.


Go Cowboys! (Sorry Jennifer and Craig)



Kristen teaching Lauren how to count.


Lauren opening her Halloween gifts from her Nanny and Grandaddy. She likes to chew on the rubber ducks beak.



Kristen opening her gifts from Nanny and Grandaddy. Her poor hair...it's like really bad shag carpet. I don't know what to do! I hope it grows soon and starts to look normal.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys, I haven't been able to keep up with you since I retired. Now that I can, it appears you have a new website. I so enyoyed the pictures and the update on the girls. I will attempt to keep up. You can contact me at peggytaylor2009@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete