Saturday, October 12, 2013

Obedience

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
-Ephesians 6:1
 
 
This was our verse for the week and it sure did come in handy.  God knew we would need this verse.
 
Our week started off a little something like this... 
 
As I was giving Dallas a bath, Kristen came into the bathroom and said she was going to cut Dallas' hair.  I was not alarmed because surely my obedient Kristen wouldn't have real scissors in her hand and even if she did she wouldn't dare think about cutting someone's hair with them. Right? 
 
I had mentioned before Dallas' bath that I was going to give him a haircut, but changed my mind and decided not to do it that day.  I didn't pay Kristen much attention since I was making sure Dallas was squeaky clean, but I let her know that I had changed my mind. I heard Lauren say, "Here, cut my hair."  Then I heard Lauren belly laugh and her little hand came into my field of vision holding her hair in it. I was SHOCKED!  I mean, mouth gaping open SHOCKED!
 
When I turned around and saw Kristen's face I realized she was mouth gaping opened SHOCKED too.  When I asked her why she did it she said she didn't know, and I believe her. If you could have seen her face.  It's pretty funny now...after it all happened. 
 
So, when we sat down to do our bible lesson, our verse was about obeying your parents and we had an example to along with it.  I used that verse all week and I think we all had it memorized by Tuesday.  Now, if only Dallas could memorize it.
 
More school news...
 
 
 
We did complete Unit One in our bible curriculum and also put the finished pictures on our bulletin board. 
 
 
 
We learned all about creation, which was a review for the kids since we also learned about it at the beginning of last year.  It's always good to be reminded of all the things God created so we could enjoy them.
 
 
Kristen worked on her report of Christopher Columbus this week. 
 
 
 
 I actually learned a little something this week.  I had Christopher cruising up to Jamestown on the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria and sitting down eating a Thanksgiving meal with the Indians.  It didn't go down like that.  He actually discovered Hispaniola (Haiti and the Dominican Republic), not Jamestown. He was a Christian and set out to trade with Asia and one thing he had on his ship was bibles.  Way to go Christopher Columbus!  Of course he never made it to Asia, but at least he tried.
 
 
 
She presented her report to Dallas and Lauren, and then to Paul when he got home.  I thought Dallas was all into Christopher Columbus, but then I realized he had gotten a juice box off of the table and was squirting it all over the floor, his pants and socks during Kristen's presentation.  But at least he was quiet.
 

 
 
In other news....Lauren started Girls Scouts this week. 
 
 
 
We missed the first meeting because we were at the beach, but she was super excited about getting to participate in Girl Scouts.  She got to hold the flag during the pledges and cried because everyone was looking at her.  She did have fun and is so proud that she is a Girl Scout.  Kristen got to bring Audrey home.  She is the Koala bear that belongs to her daisy troop.  She has really enjoyed Audrey, but I knew she would since she is a stuffed animal addict.
 
 
 
 Next week we begin week 4 of school.  I'm excited!!
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: