Friday, September 27, 2013

First Week of School = Success

Our first week of school went awesome....if I do say so myself.  I started off the school year with a yearly lesson plan for Kristen, which I enjoyed making a little too much.  Now, I am so glad I did.  It makes for a smooth week.

Anyways...last year school really did become a lot work....for both Kristen and I.  Going into this year, I really wanted it to be fun and I think I accomplished it this week. She is enjoying every subject and had her first official spelling test and did a project in science.  She said, "First grade is so much fun."

Lauren has even gotten into school...a little bit.  Today she even asked when it would be time for her school. I am not doing any planning for her this year.  We are doing it as she gets it.  So many new concepts, it's just hard to plan.  Plus with the reading struggle I had with Kristen last year I knew it would probably be a waste of time.  Here are a few pictures from our week.

We baked cookies....peanut butter Reece's Pieces cookies and they were delicious.




Here is silly Dallas and his "hat".

 
Kristen working on her solar system project.



 
And I leave you with Dallas and all of his cuteness. (I am not sure what Kristen is doing)


No comments:

Post a Comment