Tuesday, September 24, 2013

First Day of School



Today was O-fficially our first day of school.  I was super excited about starting the new school year and have been for a couple of months now.  Well, ever since I got Kristen's first grade curriculum.  I have my lessons all planned out, binders made up and a list of books we need to check out each week from the library.  I am a lot more prepared this year than I was last year.  I didn't really know what I needed to do, so I just flew by the seat of my pants.  This year I knew I was going to go into it better prepared. 

Everyone around the table eating a snack and listening to our bible lesson for the day. 

Kristen has looked forward to starting 1st grade for some time now.  She is excited about the extra subjects she is doing and I am a little concerned about the additional work load.  The thought of juggling everything is a bit overwhelming. Today things went pretty smoothly and by lunch we were done with all subjects, except science.  I know every day will be different, but I am going to go with the flow and not stress. 



Kristen is doing reading, writing, language arts, spelling, science, history and bible. It sounds like a lot, but some subjects aren't done every day.  Lauren is just doing reading, math and bible.  She has no interest in learning, so I really hope that changes.  We are still working on letter sounds and I hope to start reading by the end of the year.  I am planning on starting math in about a month.  She still has some numbers to learn first, but she is making progress and that is all that matters. 

She is actually a lefty, but was using her right today

Dallas decided he was going to do a little teaching today and decided to hop in my chair when I got up to start lunch.  He had the papers in hand and was jabbering like he knew what he was talking about. 



Hope you guys had a good Monday. I am looking forward to the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment