Friday, March 15, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up: A little Rocky

Well, our week started off with my alarm clock (Dallas) not waking up until 9 a.m.  Now, on a Saturday I would welcome this, but not when I have a to-do list a mile long.  Believe me, my list was long.  Paul even commented on it the night before.  Anyways, even though our day started later than I would have liked, I got us all up and moving. I was determined to get everything crossed off of my list.  Then, I let our dog out and he ran away.  He OBVIOUSLY didn't look at my to-do list because if he had,  he wouldn't have picked that day to run away.  At first I was mad.  I decided that if the pound called I was not going to bail him out of doggy jail.  Then I had to pick up cheerios off of the floor and I realized that the dog is the only one in our house that helps me clean up.  I was determined to not pick up anymore food off the floor and get my dog back. So, instead of crossing things off of my to-do list, my day was spent going from the back door to the front door with my assortment of squeaky toys trying to entice my runaway dog to come home.  I never told the girls that Degas had ran away.  They never asked where he was nor did they think that me going outside squeaking squeaky toys was odd.  I'm not sure what that says about me. But, after four and a half hours of "exploring", a nice citizen of Powhatan County called and said they had my dog.  There went my day and my to-do list. So, just when I thought my to-do list was long on Monday, you should have seen it on Tuesday.  It really was a mile long!

 
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
Isaiah 41:10a
 
 
Our bible lesson this week was on Daniel.  We talked about fear and how Daniel had many reasons to be afraid.  He was in a den with hungry lions!  But Daniel learned how to overcome his fears through God.  During times when we are afraid, we need to pray to God and trust in him to take care of us.  My how I needed this lesson!  I need to learn to trust that God will take care of certain situations and he really doesn't need me telling Him which way is best.  I need to stand back, be quiet and let God take control.  It's a hard thing to do, but I am determined to let go and let God do the work.
 
Now moving on to.......
 
Reading
 
I wasn't looking forward to tackling reading on Tuesday because it had been 3 days since we had really done anything reading wise, but Kristen picked up right where she left off and did great....and then the rest of the week came and the reading blues set in. We didn't complete the section this week that I had hoped for, but she just wasn't ready to move on.  She wanted to read another book so bad, but she wasn't focused enough to get it done.  I don't want to rush her because reading is hard.  Her math, however,  is going good and she loves counting money.  It is her "fav" as she says. We were doing around 5 math worksheets a day, but they have gotten harder.  When you add reading into it, well, it just became to much.  Every day varies on how many math worksheets she does.  If they are simple easy ones, we do more.  Math is still her strong subject. Oh, and she has her first loose tooth.  She can't wait until the tooth fairy comes!
 
 
Now on to little miss Lauren.  We are still working on staying in the lines while coloring.  Her favorite sentence this week has been, "but I don't know how."  She does know how she just doesn't want to do it.  We are still working on the letter E.  I think she will have it by this week.  We'll see. She does like her Pop, Pop, Pop! book that came with her lessons that we read.  She gets really loud when saying "Pop, pop, pop". She is so cute "reading" this book out loud.  Still not a big fan of lesson time.  She just wants to paint, cut, glue and do her craft.  Maybe she'll be a crafty girl.
 
And I leave you with Dallas' faux hawk.  Kristen said he looked silly and was almost in tears because she thought I was going to take him out in public with his hair sticking up. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment