Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh My




On Friday we went to the zoo with Meme and Papaw. We had a great time and the girls really enjoyed it.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the day:

*I didn't tell the girls we were going to the zoo I just told them we were going somewhere special and it was a surprise. Kristen said "Are we going to Disney World."

*We smelled something very bad and Kristen said "I think it might be a stunk." (instead of skunk)

*We had just went to the petting zoo and Kristen wasn't a very big fan. The animals kept trying to grab the cup. When we went on the train ride we went into the gated part where the animals roam free around you. Kristen asked me if they were going to be mean and I told her no. The lady said over the intercom said that a particular animal can run up to 45 miles an hour to escape danger. Kristen looked up at me with complete panic in her eyes and said "These animals are dangerous."

Here are some pictures of our day at the zoo.

I think my girls are the only ones in the world that pick the seat on a Merry-Go-Round instead of the fun animals that go up and down.


The flamingos were Kristen's favorite although she keeps calling them the swans.


The giraffes were Lauren's favorite. If you ask Lauren how a giraffe goes she will stick her tongue out as far as she can. They did have really long tongues. I think they were my favorite as well.


The girls and I on the dangerous safari ride.


All Smiles


The birds were my least favorite, but Kristen and Lauren liked feeding them. Both girls got to hold the stick with the bird on it. It actually nibbled at Lauren's finger. It must be because she is so sweet.



Here is a picture of the girls and Meme.

No comments:

Post a Comment