Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kristen's Birthday Party



Today we celebrated Kristen's birthday, early. I had originally planned to have it the weekend after her birthday, like every year, but with my c-section being scheduled on Friday the 17th (the day after her birthday) I had to change it. She was really confused because she kept asking if she was 5 and I would say no, not until your birthday. I think she finally got it, but very confusing for a 4 almost 5 year old. She was so excited about her birthday party and said it was the best day ever! I asked her what her favorite present was and she said, "I liked everything." I told her that was the perfect answer!

The theme she wanted was strawberries. Not strawberry shortcake, just strawberries. She kept making that as clear as she could. She Loves fruit and strawberries are probably one of her favorite. We talked about what she wanted and she wanted a strawberry cake, pink cupcakes and strawberry shortcakes. We also made some strawberry pink lemonade and had fresh strawberries to dip in chocolate. She wanted pink and red decorations. I was able to find some strawberry shaped balloons that looked like they were dipped in chocolate at Party City. The strawberry cake was very easy to make and decorate. I just used a small heart shaped pan and decorated it to look like a strawberry. I didn't think my icing was going to get red, but it finally darkened up a little. It didn't turn out the deep red that I would have liked, but overall the cake was pretty. I think in the end things really came together and turned out good, even though I was very unsure of the strawberry theme at the beginning.












No comments:

Post a Comment