Saturday, April 2, 2011

No More Cast


Well, for a little while at least. Lauren went in for her appointment on Thursday to get her cast taken off. We were so happy. I was especially happy to take her home and give her a real bath so I could scrub that little leg. The Dr. said that things looked good and there were no restrictions (I am not too fond of this Dr). Other than walking with very big steps like she was lugging around that cast, she did very good. By Friday she was walking normal and all day on Saturday. I had went to a 31 party that a friend at church was having and on my way home Saturday night Paul told me he thought Lauren had hurt her ankle again because she was limping pretty bad. My heart just sank! When I got home, sure enough, she was limping worse than she did when it was hurt before she got the cast. Kristen said they were playing in the playroom holding hands and Lauren fell and that is how she got hurt. I don't know for sure, but we decided to let her go to sleep since she didn't seem to be in pain. I gave her some Tylenol, and we would re access the situation when she woke up this morning. I got up early, got ready (because my mother instinct new I was going to be taking her to the ER), and when I got Lauren up she was still limping. Her little ankle would make a popping noise every now and then and when she walked it looked very shaky. I felt so sorry for her. I just wished I could switch places with her. At the hospital they took x-ray's again. Lauren and I have had enough electromagnetic radiation to last us a lifetime! The Dr said there wasn't any new fractures and the x-ray showed that the break was healing but hadn't completely healed. He didn't come out and say it, but his questions pretty much said "I can't believe they took the cast off!" He said that since it isn't completely healed, Lauren has a greater chance of re-breaking it or injuring it again because her ankle is weak from being the cast and unstable. He put a splint on it and told us to call on Monday and get an appointment with the doctor we aren't happy with. He didn't want to put a cast back on because he wasn't sure how they wanted to follow up. The doctor should be able to look up the x-rays, but he gave me the x-ray report to take. So, here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment