Monday, April 25, 2011

Good News

Back in November I posted about Lauren's services being switched at the Infant Program with the county. She is just getting speech and was only being referred to Chesterfield County school system with a speech delay. Today our service coordinator called and gave me some really good news. She spoke with the person who will be scheduling Lauren's evaluation and they think Lauren needs a full evaluation based on her history. They don't want to miss anything is what our service coordinator was told. Don't get me wrong, I hope they don't find any major delays, but I feel a whole lot better knowing that we are going to have the full evaluation. Knowing that they think it is important also, makes me feel better. I have been afraid something was going to be missed this whole time. It also makes me glad someone who has not worked with Lauren will be doing the evaluation. I know for me the progress Lauren has made has become "normal" persay. I don't recognize that she is smaller and isn't talking as much until I get around other kids her age. I am not sure when the evaluation is going to be. Chesterfield County school system is supposed to be calling me, but many prayers are needed. Lauren has done so good and I get so emotional just thinking about how far she has come.

Also, on a side note, Lauren's knew two favorite words are what and why. She asks why ALL the time. My automatic answer is like every other parents automatic answer to this question...BECAUSE. They other day she asked me why, so I looked at her and asked her why and she said because (without the b at the beginning). How cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment