Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lauren is sick...AGAIN

Last night Lauren just wasn't feeling good. When I put her to bed she was up off and on and just not resting well at all. I ended up sleeping on the couch because I knew it was going to be a long night and didn't want to keep Paul up. Around two this morning she woke up and she had a fever. From then on she slept for 30 minute intervals and just couldn't get comfortable. I took her to the doctor and she has an ear infection. Her regular doctor wasn't there today, so we saw another one in the practice that we had seen before. She is a very good doctor and leaves no stone unturned. She checked her for strep, which came back negative. She sent another swab to the lab just to make sure and gave her an antibiotic for her ear infection. She said she should start feeling better in a couple days. We knew this was going to happen at some point. I hate that she is getting sick so often, but I guess that is what happens when she has been kept in a bubble with no sicknesses for 18 months. Her immune system has to build itself up. We hope she starts feeling better soon.

Here is a video of the girls that Paul took this weekend. Lauren just loves her big sister. In fact, this morning when Kristen woke up I was holding Lauren. As soon as she heard Kristen's voice she lifted her head and smiled the biggest smile. I know I have been slacking with the posts and pictures, but I promise to get back on it for May!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for Lauren to feel better soon. It is wonderful to see the girls playing so well together. Don't beat yourself up about the posts, you are doing great. You and Paul just take care of those beautiful little blessings and yourselves. Lots of love, Paula

    ReplyDelete