Monday, April 19, 2010

Bathroom Crisis

Last week we had a crisis occur in the Harris household. I was taking the sheets off the bed to wash. Kristen and Lauren were upstairs with me. I thought nothing of them going into the bathroom and then the door closed. When I finished up I went to open the door for us to head back downstairs and it was locked! I thought, no big deal. I told Kristen to unlock the door. She said she didn't know how. I walked her through the process and could hear her at the doorknob. She still couldn't get it unlocked. I went and got a bobbypin and tried to unlock the door that way. It wasn't working so I went and took the inside ink tube out of a pin. Tried that...it didn't work. Paul had forgotten his phone at home, so I couldn't call him. After 10 minutes of trying to get them out of the bathroom I finally called my dad to come and help. By this time Lauren was not happy. I think she was wondering why I was on the otherside of the door and not coming in. Kristen was not worried in the least. Everytime I would tell her to try to unlock the door she was either brushing her hair, getting a drink of water or washing her hands. Right before my dad arrived, as I was looking for some other instrument to rescue my children from the bathroom, I heard the door open and Kristen came out with a big smile on her face and said "I did it! I helped you!" like I was the one that locked them in the bathroom. It was so cute...how could I punish her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment