Monday, September 10, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up: Braces and a Birthday

Well, we have started our hurricane prep. I recieved our emergency phone call from the county today saying, "Now is the time to prepare for hurricane Florence". Paul has the generator hooked up and plenty of gas and we have water and won't starve. I'm hoping with all this prepping we won't loose power. My fear is a tree falling on the house. We are surrounded by trees....lots of trees. I'm praying that it won't be as bad as we are anticipating. 

We had a good week. Only a three day school week for us. We celebrated Labor Day with a cookout at my parents. I was too busy enjoying the pool and the company that I didn't get any pictures. I'm hoping to get in more pool time next year. The kids have enjoyed it this summer though. I think they spent a day every week in the pool. It's the first year that Kristen has actually tanned. 

Here are some pictures from our week...






We did watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...or half of it. It was really long. I don't remember it being that long. We had good intentions to watch the other half. Well, Kristen and I did...everyone else was over it. I did make Monsieur Bon Bon's "Fooj", which was fudge...but really hard fudge. I couldn't cut it with a knife and had to break it apart. Dallas told me that next time I didn't need to freeze it as long. Umm...I didn't freeze it at all.


So, Kristen loves writing. We started her writing curriculum back up this month. She started with learning how to research a topic and had to write a short paper. It was really just an introduction to a research paper. She really enjoyed it and decided to work on her free time on it and also wanted to type her paper. I wasn't going to complain.


She decided to do her research on Fennec Foxes and also did a display for us and a presentation. 


She wants to do a research paper a month. I mean really? Maybe she has a future in writing.

She also got her bottom braces on this week. 


She was dreading it. She has one tooth that sits back farther than the rest and since her teeth were so sore with the top braces, she just knew it was going to be really sore moving that tooth up. She was happy when they didn't put anything on that tooth. They have to make room for it first. While her teeth have been sore, they haven't been as sore as when she got her top. It is the first time we have had to use the wax though. They seem to be rubbing, where her top braces didn't. 

And Dallas washed some cars for a fundraiser for Cub Scouts. It was not a great day for car washing though. But he looked very cute in his Tiger hat. I mean, I'd stop and let him wash my car. 


And we celebrated my dad's birthday. We couldn't fit 67 candles on the cake, but it sure looks like we did.


Those were the brightest candles. Dallas said, "Wow, it just got very bright in here". We are so blessed having Meme and Papaw in our lives. They deserve to be celebrated more than just their birthday's, so we made them both a special gift for Grandparents Day. 


And lastly, I have to share my success at growing some flowers from seeds. I planted them in the spring and spring sprung and nothing happened...until August when they decided to bloom. I had another flower that I planted. I think it was a runner of some sort and it took over fast. It tried to kill these poor little flowers. Like I really need any help with that. I couldn't unwind them, so I had to pull them. But, we've been able to enjoy them more being inside. This is all we got from the many seeds planted. I'm going to try it again next year. I really do want to be surrounded by flowers, but I just forget to water them or water them too much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment