Sunday, May 28, 2017

Hollywood Studios

I fully intended to get the pictures from our vacation on the blog by now but....I haven't. 

On day three we went to Hollywood Studios. My feet had so many blisters on them by this day, that I was seriously contemplating never walking again. In fact, I still have places on my feet where the blisters were. I guess next time I need to invest in a better pair of shoes. Or new feet. Or a scooter.

We mainly went to Hollywood Studios so Dallas could see some Star Wars things. Star Wars was the main attraction there. We started off with the Star Wars - The Adventure Continues 3D motion simulator ride. I get sick riding in the passenger side of the car, so I really wasn't looking forward to this. There were a couple of times I thought I was going to have to take my glasses off or do something...what I have no idea. But in the end I survived, with only a slight headache. Dallas absolutely loved it. To hear him yelling out, "Woohoo" with the biggest smile on his face made it all worth it. Lauren liked it, but Kristen wasn't a fan. She had a headache afterwards too.

We did get to meet this guy. Isn't he soooo cute. The kids didn't get his autograph because he doesn't sign autographs. I guess it would be hard. Not having a brain and having sticks as arms and all.

 

The girls also got to meet Sophia the First and Doc McStuffins. 



It was hot. I have no idea how these people were staying in these costumes outside. All to make my kids day....and the other many thousands.

Meanwhile, Dallas and Paul went to go ride the 3D motion ride again, but it was temporarily shut down. I wish he could've ridden it again. 


Somethings are just so awesome they never change. That would be the Beauty and the Beast show. It was there in 2004 when Paul and I went. We have a million pictures from it. You could probably put them together and make a flip book. This time I didn't take as many, since it really was the same show. The girls loved it. I think Paul and Dallas were a little bored though. I was so exhausted I could've taken a nap. Lauren was so confused with the whole animation is now real concept. She kept asking if they were real people. Then kept saying she thought it was a cartoon. I tried to explain that the movie is animated, but then just gave up, because I was so exhausted that I was now confused. 




There was a Star Wars march that would come through. It was pretty cool. Once they passed you, you  could follow them and they would put on a show on stage. We hung out, taking a break, waiting for them to come by.






Paul tried to talk the kids into riding the Tower of Terror ride. He couldn't convince them. Once he got off he said he didn't remember most of it and the kids would have been petrified. 

Hollywood Studios was fun. I wish we would've stayed, or went back, for the Star Wars light show at night. 


Since we finished up early, we decided to head back to Magic Kingdom. The kids still wanted to get Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbelle's autograph. And Lauren only wanted to do one thing. Go to Ariel's Groto and see her favorite Princess. Dallas had no problems getting his picture taken with Ariel.






Mickey's costume actually spoke like him. Other than the princesses, no other character in a costume spoke. They just motioned with their hands. It was pretty neat. Not worth the hour wait, but still pretty neat. 

We had a fast pass for the Jungle Boat ride. Kristen still talks about this ride. I think it was one of her favorites. The guide was hilarious, or at least Kristen and I thought her jokes were funny. Maybe we were just extremely tired. Not as tired as the lady across from us. She totally fell asleep. These were the only two pictures I got. I can't tell you any story behind them, because I can't remember, which brings me to my previous assumption that maybe I was very tired and if I rode it again I would find it very corny. Maybe that's why I was the only one laughing. I was just happy to be sitting because of my poor feet. 



We also went up into The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. It was pretty neat. And a book I have put on our reading. Not sure if it will be our chapter book we read together, or if I'll have Kristen read it on her own for her reading. 




Here are a few random pictures I took while waiting for Mickey Mouse.



And we ended the day with a visit to the candy store and the biggest pixie sticks EVER!





























No comments:

Post a Comment