Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sandy Shores




This past week we spent a few days on the sandy shores of North Carolina. My parents and sister were generous enough to invite us to join them again and the kids counted down the days.


It rained every day except for Wednesday when we left to come home. We were still able to go to the beach despite the dreary day and the rain held off. 





Last year there were a ton of little dead fish being washed ashore. This year it was horseshoe crabs.



Kristen wasn't scared though.


Kristen loved playing in the sand.  Her and Uncle Earl even built a sand castle and decorated it with some horseshoe crabs. 


Lauren was a water girl and wave jumper, as you can see in the background of the above picture.

Dallas enjoyed playing in the sand for about five minutes. I did capture one picture with my camera. He went in the water once too. 


He is not a fan of the beach and pretty much spent the rest of the day on someone's lap. 

We also celebrated my dad's birthday. He's one lucky guy. He gets to spend his birthdays at the beach. 



On our way back home we stopped at some shops and ate some lunch in Nags Head. We also played a little putt-putt. Kristen did great. She's plays as good as me. I always seem to get the highest number of putts or drives or whatever the proper putt putt lingo is. 


Lauren just couldn't figure out how to work her club, no matter how many times we showed her.  She thought she was playing polo, just without the horse.


And Dallas thought you were supposed to throw the balls in the hole. 


I actually might get a better score if I started playing like this. 

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Glad you all had a great time. I love the pictures. One of my very favorite families. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete