Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My BIG (little) Helper



Both girls have amazed me with how accepting they have been to Dallas now being a part of the family, especially Kristen. I thought she would want to help out in the beginning, but then things would get old and she would eventually not pay much attention to him, which was totally fine with me. I am all for kids being kids. Well, she has become such a big helper and most times I don't even have to ask her. She just does it on her own. (I know, I know...I am completely blessed). When he starts crying, before I can make it to him, she has usually stopped what she is doing or comes running just to put his pacifier in and talk to him. Just the other morning (early morning) I had heard Dallas on the monitor fussing but then he would calm down, so I was waiting and giving him some time. This happened a few times so I figured I would go ahead and get up and start making his bottle. When I went into his room Kristen was rocking in the rocking chair and said, in the cutest little 5 year old voice, "I've just been sitting here putting his pacifier in every time he cries." Now, how sweet is that! I do usually ask her to listen for him while I take a shower and if he starts crying to put his pacifier in. The first time I asked her to do this she took her job VERY seriously. She had to go pack a diaper bag using her play baby doll things. She then sat beside the bouncy seat during my whole shower, except for coming and asking me if she could give him some sugar because he had the hiccups. She not only helps out with Dallas, but also with Lauren. She has shown me during this time just how much she likes doing things for others and making me proud. She loves to be praised for the good things she does.



Lauren on the other hand, has taken the hands off approach when it comes to Dallas, which is probably a good thing. When he starts crying she comes running to me saying, "Hey, your baby crying" which is totally cute. She doesn't let me forget that it is my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment