Friday, January 27, 2012

Just blessed...

There are those times when God knows exactly what you need! Today as we were getting ready to go out for my early birthday dinner, Kristen decided she needed to add some things to her outfit. I grabbed my camera to snap a picture because she just looked so cute. (Note: She did not wear the wings, shoes, gloves or cowgirl hat out to dinner.)



As I was looking back through the pictures on my camera I couldn't help but smile...and cry. Kristen had asked if she could take some pictures on the camera a couple of days ago and here are some of them.

She took a picture of her and Lauren's new bunk bed



She made Lauren pose with her baby doll



She took a picture of her "eet"



She took a ton of other pictures and all of them turned out good, but it was this picture that just got to me. (Maybe it is the pregnancy hormones.)



I realized how blessed I have been that for the last (almost) five years I have been able to put shoes on those precious feet. It also made me sad because one day, very soon, those feet aren't going to be as small. One day I am going to watch those feet go out into the big world without me and I am just not ready for that. I love being a Mommy to my two girls and have been so blessed with the opportunity to stay at home with them. God is so good and I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment