Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Doctor's Visit

So I decided to take Lauren to see her pediatrician because I noticed yesterday that her upper lip frenulum is extended and attached in between her two front teeth. The frenulum is the thin piece of skin that attaches the lip to the upper gum. I hadn't noticed it before even with all of the therapies and teeth brushing we do with her mouth. She still doesn't like for her mouth to be looked at or touched very much. She is fine with me brushing and doing therapies, but that is as far as it goes. At the feeding clinic they had me do some excercises because her upper lip was very tight, but they never caught it then either. Her ped said that since it isn't affecting her eating or talking, she didn't see a need for it to be addressed right now. She said usually an ENT doctor will snip them. We have an appointment to see Lauren's ENT doctor in August, so I am going to bring it up then. She has speech therapy today, so I will also discuss it with her speech therapist. I am not overly concerned because she is doing fine and it isn't bothering her, I just want to make sure that I stay on top of it as a mother and make sure nothing needs to be done while she is small.

No comments:

Post a Comment